If you're curious about how to use body oil, we actually have some tips about the perfect method of application. The correct application of oils is will make a huge difference to your skin. Composed of many oils mixed, it works better when skin is wet or slightly damp—since the oils will help lock in water. Therefore, applying directly after showering might be the best option.
How to Properly Apply Body Oil
- Always apply body oil onto damp skin, ideally after a shower.
- Massage for a few seconds. Then tap dry and avoid any rubbing with your towel. The massage allows both moistures from the water and the oils to penetrate the outer layer of the skin creating a moisturising barrier, sealing moisture in.
- This will result in soft and supple skin that stays hydrated all day. Because now the skin absorbs moisture and remains hydrated for longer, there is no need to re-apply throughout the day.
- However, if your skin requires an extra application during the day, simply wet your hands, apply a drop or two of oil, and massage it in thoroughly.
Things to Avoid
- Avoid using body oils on dry skin. Applying oils on dry skin will take longer to absorb, resulting in a greasy layer on the skin. Because the skin is already lacking moisture, adding oils will not re-hydrate the skin if water isn’t present. Hydration and moisturisation are not the same!
- A little oil goes a long way. Applying too much will slip away and becomes too greasy. The right amount of oil varies from individual to individual, season, humidity, skin type, and many other factors.
SACHA INCHI REPLENISHING & HYDRATING OIL
NOURISHING HAIR MASK OIL & SCALP REVIVAL TREATMENT SET
COCONUT, TURMERIC & SESAME MOISTURISING BODY OIL