Egg white face masks are a wide spread internet DIY recipe, it can be found everywhere from Pinterest to Youtube. Unfortunately, not everything we see from can be trusted. While it sounds completely safe and promises to tighten skin, in fact, it doesn't seem that way. It's important to keep in mind that there’s little to no proof that egg whites will work on skin.
1. Raw eggs contain Salmonella bacteria. Same as eating raw eggs can lead to a salmonella infection, your skin can get infected from this bacteria as well. Especially with acne, recent cuts, or wounds, egg whites can likely cause an infection. Moreover, if you accidentally ingest it, there’s a possibility of food poisoning.
2. It can cause allergic reaction. It is widely known fact that people who have allergy to egg whites shouldn’t eat eggs, and you shouldn’t apply them either. You might possibly experience symptoms such as itchiness, rash, and breathing difficulties from applying egg white on your skin.
3. You would probably get skin irritation. Egg whites are not supposed to be applied onto skin since it can cause skin irritation. Potential risks can be seen from mild itching, redness to tiny bumps after using egg whites.
4. Some egg white face mask recipes can be harmful. One of the common recipes is mixing lemon juice into egg white face mask. However, lemon juice is highly acidic and it can mess with natural skin pH level. It can also cause photosensitivity — a reaction causing redness and inflammation when skin is exposed to sunlight.
5. It can spread germs on to your household surface. Raw egg whites have slimy liquid which can easily contaminate surfaces, such as sinks and bathroom counters and drip around the floor.
Here's a gentle, safer and all-natural way for DIY facial mask
Some home remedies are far more useful and safer than egg whites. If you are looking for ingredients to tighten skin and reduce dark spots, here’s a list of ingredients to look for:
1. Rice Power: Not only rich in vitamin B, rice powder also contains natural anti-ageing and oil-absorbing properties, perfect for oily or acne-prone and dull mature skin. Furthermore, it also acts as a natural SPF and protect the skin from the sun that leads to ageing.
2. Turmeric: It naturally soothes the skin while repairs inflammations with antibacterial properties. It also rejuvenates the skin from inside out, reduces dark spots, scars and uneven complexion.
3. Thai Makrut Leaves: It detoxifies skin, improves blood flow for healthier glowing skin, helps to fight free radicals, and minimises the appearance of age marks, scars, and acne.
4. Mulberry Leaf: It is the source of antioxidants, vitamin A, C and E which are great anti-aging agents, keeping your skin free of wrinkles while unclogs pores, and prevent the blemishes.
5. Green Chiretta: It is widely-known to be used in eastern medicine due to the richness in anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and antiviral properties. It also a natural collagen booster and prevents premature skin ageing, and wrinkles.
SACHA INCHI, GINGER & TURMERIC REPAIRING OIL
SACHA INCHI REPLENISHING & HYDRATING OIL
DETOXIFYING HERBAL MASK & BOTANICAL MIST SET